1958 Chevrolet Corvettes For Sale
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700 – The wild looking 1958 Corvette XP-700 was developed, designed and built as a personal car for Bill Mitchell. Bill Mitchell was head of General Motors styling from 1958 to 1977. The XP_700 was Mitchell’s first concept car and he dubbed his concept as the Phantom. It set the stage for more wild ideas created him and his design team over the years.
The 1958 Corvette XP-700 had a fiberglass body designed to have a Grand Prix appearance. The XP-700 had a certifiably insane front end with large air scoops and a huge loop style bumper-grille protruding well forward of the quad headlights set above it. The front end was rightly forgotten but not the rear end.
The rear portion was unique and had a simple flowing shape that just happen to mate well with the 1958 Chevrolet Corvette front end design. The rear end styling influenced the second generation Corvette models starting with the 1958 Corvette expecially the 1961 Corvette.
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700
Many of the regular Corvette components such as the engine, chassic parts and frame were used on the XP-700. The XP-700 was powered with a Chevrolet 283 cubic inch 230 Horsepower V8 engine and a manual 4-speed transmission. Dayton wire wheels with racing hubs were just one of the Grand Prix features.
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700
A metal strut in the center of the canopy featured louvered vents, which enhanced circulation in the passenger compartment. One of the most memorable features of the XP-700 was the double bubble shaped laminated plastic canopy top that was coated with vaporized aluminum. Reportly this help to block the sun’s rays. A metal strut in the center and rear of the canopy featured louvered vents. We are told that they enhanced circulation in the passenger compartment. An overhead rearview mirror or periscope was mounted above the windshield with a viewing porthole in the roof structure was the Xp-700’s most unusual features.
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Vintage Classic Collector Performance Muscleon December 13, 2019 at 6:18 pm
$109,929.00End Date: Friday Dec-20-2019 10:18:03 PSTBuy It Now for only: $109,929.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette EX Race Car TREET CARon December 13, 2019 at 2:00 pm
$50,000.00End Date: Sunday Jan-12-2020 6:00:06 PSTBuy It Now for only: $50,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 1958 Regal Turquoise Corvette Convertible, Frame Off Restoredon December 12, 2019 at 10:11 pm
$60,100.00 (18 Bids)End Date: Thursday Dec-19-2019 14:11:54 PSTBuy It Now for only: $119,000.00Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
- 2008 Chevrolet Corvette -- 1 of only 2 Matching VIN 1958 & 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Sets...on December 12, 2019 at 8:06 pm
$295,000.00End Date: Thursday Dec-19-2019 12:06:01 PSTBuy It Now for only: $295,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette -- 1 of only 2 Matching VIN 1958 & 2008 Corvette Sets produced. Once in...on December 12, 2019 at 7:56 pm
$295,000.00End Date: Thursday Dec-19-2019 11:56:42 PSTBuy It Now for only: $295,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 4 speed manual 327 1959 1960 1961on December 8, 2019 at 2:14 pm
$59,900.00End Date: Tuesday Jan-7-2020 6:14:27 PSTBuy It Now for only: $59,900.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1968 Chevrolet Corvette ORIGINAL 327/350 H.P. 1968 Corvette 1953 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964...on November 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm
$85,000.00End Date: Sunday Dec-22-2019 10:32:21 PSTBuy It Now for only: $85,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list