1958 Chevrolet Corvettes For Sale
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700 – The wild looking 1958 Corvette XP-700 was developed, designed and built as a personal car for Bill Mitchell. Bill Mitchell was head of General Motors styling from 1958 to 1977. The XP_700 was Mitchell’s first concept car and he dubbed his concept as the Phantom. It set the stage for more wild ideas created him and his design team over the years.
The 1958 Corvette XP-700 had a fiberglass body designed to have a Grand Prix appearance. The XP-700 had a certifiably insane front end with large air scoops and a huge loop style bumper-grille protruding well forward of the quad headlights set above it. The front end was rightly forgotten but not the rear end.
The rear portion was unique and had a simple flowing shape that just happen to mate well with the 1958 Chevrolet Corvette front end design. The rear end styling influenced the second generation Corvette models starting with the 1958 Corvette expecially the 1961 Corvette.
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700
Many of the regular Corvette components such as the engine, chassic parts and frame were used on the XP-700. The XP-700 was powered with a Chevrolet 283 cubic inch 230 Horsepower V8 engine and a manual 4-speed transmission. Dayton wire wheels with racing hubs were just one of the Grand Prix features.
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700
A metal strut in the center of the canopy featured louvered vents, which enhanced circulation in the passenger compartment. One of the most memorable features of the XP-700 was the double bubble shaped laminated plastic canopy top that was coated with vaporized aluminum. Reportly this help to block the sun’s rays. A metal strut in the center and rear of the canopy featured louvered vents. We are told that they enhanced circulation in the passenger compartment. An overhead rearview mirror or periscope was mounted above the windshield with a viewing porthole in the roof structure was the Xp-700’s most unusual features.
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Retrovette built by Classic Reflection Coachworks 1958 Chevrolet Corvette...on March 20, 2020 at 9:30 am
$98,000.00End Date: Friday Mar-27-2020 2:30:09 PDTBuy It Now for only: $98,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 001 1958 CHEVROLET CORVETTE SPECVETTE #001 - NO EXPENSE SPARED FULL BUILD!on March 20, 2020 at 1:01 am
$275,000.00 (0 Bids)End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 18:01:23 PDTBid now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Red Roadster LS3 6.2L V8 6 Speed Manualon March 17, 2020 at 8:45 am
$325,900.00End Date: Sunday Mar-22-2020 1:45:34 PDTBuy It Now for only: $325,900.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 CHEVROLET CORVETTE FRAME OFF RARE CHARCOLon March 16, 2020 at 2:12 am
$63,600.00 (16 Bids)End Date: Sunday Mar-22-2020 19:12:23 PDTBuy It Now for only: $69,900.00Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 Chevrolet Corvetteon March 4, 2020 at 4:21 am
$60,000.00End Date: Thursday Apr-2-2020 21:21:24 PDTBuy It Now for only: $60,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Conv Matching VIN SET (2 Cars) 1958/2008on February 24, 2020 at 3:32 pm
$275,000.00End Date: Wednesday Mar-25-2020 8:32:39 PDTBuy It Now for only: $275,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 1958 Usedon January 31, 2020 at 7:09 pm
$79,500.00End Date: Tuesday Mar-31-2020 12:09:50 PDTAdd to watch list