1958 Chevrolet Corvettes For Sale
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700 – The wild looking 1958 Corvette XP-700 was developed, designed and built as a personal car for Bill Mitchell. Bill Mitchell was head of General Motors styling from 1958 to 1977. The XP_700 was Mitchell’s first concept car and he dubbed his concept as the Phantom. It set the stage for more wild ideas created him and his design team over the years.
The 1958 Corvette XP-700 had a fiberglass body designed to have a Grand Prix appearance. The XP-700 had a certifiably insane front end with large air scoops and a huge loop style bumper-grille protruding well forward of the quad headlights set above it. The front end was rightly forgotten but not the rear end.
The rear portion was unique and had a simple flowing shape that just happen to mate well with the 1958 Chevrolet Corvette front end design. The rear end styling influenced the second generation Corvette models starting with the 1958 Corvette expecially the 1961 Corvette.
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700
Many of the regular Corvette components such as the engine, chassic parts and frame were used on the XP-700. The XP-700 was powered with a Chevrolet 283 cubic inch 230 Horsepower V8 engine and a manual 4-speed transmission. Dayton wire wheels with racing hubs were just one of the Grand Prix features.
1958 Chevrolet Corvette XP-700
A metal strut in the center of the canopy featured louvered vents, which enhanced circulation in the passenger compartment. One of the most memorable features of the XP-700 was the double bubble shaped laminated plastic canopy top that was coated with vaporized aluminum. Reportly this help to block the sun’s rays. A metal strut in the center and rear of the canopy featured louvered vents. We are told that they enhanced circulation in the passenger compartment. An overhead rearview mirror or periscope was mounted above the windshield with a viewing porthole in the roof structure was the Xp-700’s most unusual features.
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette No trim field 1958 Chevrolet Corvette No trim field 2893 Miles Blue...on August 22, 2019 at 11:22 am
$159,990.00End Date: Sunday Sep-22-2019 4:22:11 PDTAdd to watch list […]
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Hardtop & Convertible 1958 Corvette dual fours Matching numberson August 21, 2019 at 5:16 pm
$74,500.00End Date: Wednesday Aug-28-2019 10:16:11 PDTBuy It Now for only: $74,500.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list […]
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 2x4bbl 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 2x4bbl 9999 Miles Tuxedo Black w/ Silver...on August 20, 2019 at 2:32 pm
$110,000.00 (0 Bids)End Date: Tuesday Aug-27-2019 7:32:18 PDTBid now | Add to watch list […]
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 2x4bbl 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 2x4bbl 9,999 Miles Panama Yellowon August 20, 2019 at 12:40 pm
$110,983.00 (0 Bids)End Date: Tuesday Aug-27-2019 5:40:00 PDTBid now | Add to watch list […]
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 2x4bbl 1958 Chevrolet Corvette 2x4bbl 9999 Miles Silver Blue 283C.I....on August 19, 2019 at 7:09 pm
$90,000.00 (0 Bids)End Date: Monday Aug-26-2019 12:09:03 PDTBid now | Add to watch list […]
- 1956 Chevrolet Corvette 1956 CORVETTE PROJECT CAR C1 NEEDS RESTORATION HOTROD NCRS 1957 GASSER 1958on August 19, 2019 at 12:09 am
$11,000.00 (10 Bids)End Date: Sunday Aug-25-2019 17:09:43 PDTBid now | Add to watch list […]
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette WHITE COVES 1958 corvette convertable 246Zon August 18, 2019 at 2:30 am
$125,000.00End Date: Saturday Aug-24-2019 19:30:00 PDTBuy It Now for only: $125,000.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list […]